My Delivery Story at KKH

Where I delivered:

KKH:
I delivered at KKH, i was in ward B2 (4 bedded) as I was a private patient and it amounted to around $5k plus. 

The deposit was $1.6k and after medisave deductables, I had to pay an extra $178 for bb and $200 for me in cash.

TAKE NOTE: I took epidural.




My water bag broke around 930am and I took a water shower, headed to the hospital.

I went to lvl2 of KKH and headed to the delivery room.
The kind nurse put me in the waiting room as I was not in pain and someone else was. My family was told to wait downstairs and my husband as well. She told my husband to check me in first at the counter. About 15-20minutes later, the nurse told me to get my husband and I had to sign some acknowledgement forms before going into the delivery ward.

I went in and got dressed in their robe. My husband came back with my hospital bag, he was given a clip on tag that says he is the husband.

I officially sat down around 1030am and was lying in bed.

The nurse guided us on the different pain relief and if we wanted to call for epidural, we had to sign a form first and wait for the anesthetist to come by which can take 15-30minutes depending on where they at.

I was working out fine with barely any pain, they had the IV drip on me with the induce drips as well.

The pain officially hit me near 12noon. It was not strong so I held on. I was about 4cm dilated.

I started to feel it getting more intense , it felt like a boulder was on top of me, and someone was turning it side to side  so it gets rub in.

I put up the white flag and called for epidural around 3pm after using the useless laughing gas (the fit wasnt right and the gas wasnt coming out right.). I was about 6-7cm dilated already!

The anesthetist  came in 10minutes later and injected into my spine.

Honestly, after I sat up, i felt a lot better and did not want to take it but the nurses were already there. Hahaha

I fell asleep and woke up  around 515pm. Not long later, the nurse came in and said I could push soon as I was 10cm already!

She paged for John Tee to come and while waiting,

So she called for another nurse to come assist as she wanted the baby to be a bit lower and closer to the exit.

She reduced the epidural dosage so I could feel the contraction just enough to know when to push.

I push 1 time and my husband already saw baby's hair! So i pushed one more time and she said it was enough.

We waited patiently for him and he came in. Very happy and cheerful. Hahaha

So we were looking at the machine to know when the contractions as coming as the numbers will hike up in a second.

So we were waiting and waiting in awkward silence, with the two nurse at my left leg and john tee on my right. (Well, it was awkward for me as my vagina was openly saying hi)

the nurse said 'why so long ah'
John tee 'it's okay. Patience. It will come'
😂
Wise words from an Experienced gynae.

I pushed one time and John(my good friend ah? Hahaha) said 'okok stopstopstopstop)

Then i felt his scissors pull and heard the scissors go snipsnip.

I did not feel any pain but i definitely felt his scissors pull my skin.

He stitched me up and I had my meal.

I gave birth around 6-7pm so I did not have ANYTHING to eat from the night before. I advice you to eat before going to the hospital.

While eating my meal, I felt very nauseous. I informed my husband that I felt like puking and the nurse gave me a plastic bag. However, it wasn't open and I did not have enough energy to open it and was not fast enough. I puked all over my arm and the bed. The nurse was quite flustered about it but she never complained and assured me that it was okay. It was so sweet of her and I felt so bad.

I finished up my meal and was pushed upstairs to the ward with my baby.



---------------Post delivery-----------

It took me 2 weeks to completely heal and could not sit down properly.

I had to move very slow and could not find the right position to sit on the chair.

First few pumps with my Haakaa pump and Philip Avent Single Pump.






His Umbillica Cord dropped on day 3.



My hospital bag which I will do an update on !


Him in the nursery!!



Thank you everyone for reading my delivery story. Hope this has helped some of you preggie moms to ready your heart for this epic journey !

Have a safe delivery !





Comments

Popular Posts